…Time to get shit done!
I’m sorry I have written in a hot second, but I’m back with lots of blog posts in the works! I am in my 3rd (woah! Where does time go?!?) week of summer break and LOVING it! “What are you gonna do with your summer??” you ask??
WHATEVER I WANT TO DO!
The past few summers have been spent tirelessly working on my masters. I don’t usually take classes during the school year because it’s too much for me to balance, so my summertime is spent taking 3-5 classes. But guess what!!! I finished my masters! I’m officially a master educator! So, I am taking this summer to regroup, relax and get shit done.
The first week of my break was spent getting shit done for the 1st Annual Alternative Fashion Show on June 8th. And it was SPECTACULAR! Really, it was amazing. If you live in Columbus and missed it, I would be sure to be there next year. It was:
Ten unique Columbus designers. Ten breathtaking fashion collections.
Hosted by Suede.
Followed by live music from The Girls!.
Then dancing with DJs George Brazil and Dave Espionage.
Red carpet photos all night by We Are Glitterati.
Full bar, serviced by Rehab Tavern.
Basically all the fashion and fabulousness we can squeeze into a
giant warehouse. Also, Columbus’ fashion event of the year.
With an after-party right next door at Rehab Tavern.
I mean, you’re already sad you missed it, right?? You can check out all the fabulousness on our Facebook page and stay up to date with future events on our website. (Amanda & I actually got to model for 2 designers!)
Ok, now to the part where I talk about being productive!
I don’t want my entire summer to go by without actually getting some stuff checked off my to-do list. Yes, I am relaxing and enjoying life, but I don’t want to be completely lazy and waste my entire summer! So I have decided to “jot down” my Summer 2013 Get Shit Done List. Here it is, in no particular order:
- READ! Oh my, I never have time to read for fun during the school year! So my goal is to read a book a week! I have read 2 so far, The Paris Wife and The Summer We Read Gatsby. Follow me on Goodreads to keep up with my progress, see what I am currently reading, have read and want to read! Do you have a Goodreads account? Friend me!
- Blog More!
- Actually write to people! I have a handful of cards I have bought with the intention of sending to specific people, but have yet to do it.
- Redecorate reading nook. I have a room in my house that will eventually be a nice little reading nook. I want to put bookshelves and my futon (currently residing at my dad’s house) in there.
- Maintain workout schedule!
- Visit my besties Tim in Chicago and Kristen in Pittsburgh.
- Make a badass gift for my brother and wonderful friend Kelli, who are marrying each other Labor Day weekend!
- Take Dewey for walks and playdates (anyone wanna meet up??)
- Get my car detailed. Oi, it’s a mess.
- And of course, get a fantastic tan poolside!
I feel like there are tons of other things I want to do, but those are the first 10 things on my list. I will keep you up to date on how it all goes! WHat are you doing this summer?? Maybe there’s something I should add to my list that I haven’t even thought of yet!