Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long! Jeesh, life got busy there for a hot second! But, have no fear! I’m back!
Awhile back, when I started this wee, lil blog, a friend of mine challenged me to write down 100 things that make me happy, He thought that since I am writing a blog that focuses on happiness, that I should try to identify 100 things that make me happy. At first, I thought that this task would be way too easy, and sure, it could have been. If I wanted to list all the little thins that make me happy, I probably could’ve been done with this list in a few days. But of course, I wanted to challenge myself, so I am trying to think & feel deeper and to (sometimes) list things as I experience them. So here I am, weeks into the challenge and only at #48. I wanted to share the first quarter of my list with you as a progress check in. Have you ever done anything like this? What things woud be on your list? I would love for you to join me on this challenge! Without further ado…
- Making just enough coffee and pouring just enough creamer to perfectly fill my travel mug on an early morning.
- Cuddling with Dewey on the couch for an afternoon of TV watching.
- Being completely wrapped up in a book so good, you take any and every spare moment to read it.
- Seeing a struggling student make the effort to sit with the kids getting A’s and read aloud with them.
- Finishing a grueling workout, knowing I gave it my all the entire time.
- Coming home to a new Birchbox in the mail!
- Coming home to Dewey wagging his entire body in excitement for my return.
- Going to church and feeling completely overcome by and close to God through singing.
- A reassuring text from a friend after a rough morning.
- Getting birthday presents and cards!
- Giving gifts! Especially homemade or seriously well thought out ones.
- A warm pair of Uggs.
- A student asking for a good book to read.
- Laughing so hard my abs hurt!
- Taking a good look at my friends and realizing how loved I am and how much I love them.
- Physically challenging myself and meeting that goal.
- My daddy fawning over me on my birthday.
- Smiling and laughing with Uncle Art, even though he has pancreatic cancer and is undoubtedly suffering.
- Being an amateur fashion model! The Hair! The clothes! The makeup!
- Catching up on my favorite TV shows.
- Knowing that I have helped a friend in their time of need.
- Seeing my friends come out on the bright side of a demanding struggle.
- Chugging water during and after a seriously hardcore workout.
- Finally being at peace with the person I’m becoming.
- Knowing that I have worked hard and earned being in the best shape of my life!
Look what came in the mail yesterday! I am so excited to hand these out! I really think they will come in handy when I meet new people and want to hand off my blog address in a sparkly and memorable way! Do you have business cards for your blog? If so, what are some creative and successful ways that you’ve used them? What do they look like??