…has come to an end. My birthday season has been well celebrated and thoroughly documented! It has been a true reminder of the many blessings and plethora of beautiful people I have in my life.
Last nights’ Closing Ceremony was a 90-minute hot yoga class, in which I got to pick ALL the music! Needless to say, my mix was a little erratic, but mostly filled with poppy, upbeat, and for the most part – 90s!, tunes. Have you ever played a song that you LOOOOVE for someone, and as soon as it starts playing, you rethink everything you ever liked about that song??
Well, that was not the case. I rocked out to 90 minutes of some of my favorite songs and had a blast doing it! And I’m pretty sure that everyone there had a good time as well! If they didn’t like the music, They should have at least gotten a kick out of how excited I was!
I have included my playlist below in case you want to get your own JanuAshley Jam on! RAWK!
- Go For It! – Hot Sundae (Saved by the Bell)
- Autobiography – Ashlee Simpson
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- Somebody That I Used To Know (KDrew Remix) — KDrew
- Stronger – Glee Cast
- Where’s The Love – Hanson
- The King Is Dead But The Queen is Alive – P!nk
- Fairytale – Sara Bareilles
- If I Could Turn Back Time — Cher (This led to an all out, queer sing-along!! Faaaabulous!)
- Wannabe – Spice Girls
- Tearin’ Up My Heart – ‘N Sync
- Fun, Fun, Fun – The Beach Boys (Did a little Warrior 2 surfing!)
- (You Drive Me) Crazy – Britney Spears
- Come on Over – Christina Aguilera
- Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – Backstreet Boys
- Part of Your World – The Little Mermaid (Ohhh….my….Our trainer, Alexander, came up with a brilliant yoga parody on the spot. He has a gift, I tell ya!)
- Sparkling Diamonds – Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge
- Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
- Beauty and the BEAT! – Parody by Todrick Hall (If you haven’t seen this video, WATCH IT NOW!)
- Cheeseburger in Paradise – Jimmy Buffett
- Glamorous (Feat. Ludacris) — Fergie
- Say My Name – Destiny’s Child (Apparently Alexander loathes this song, so we got extra obliques…sorry guys!)
- Tubthumping — Chumbawumba
- Cecilia – Simon & Garfunkel
- Orange Colored Sky – Natalie Cole
- One Day — Matisyahu
- Because – Beatles cover from Across the Universe movie
- Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson (Most unproductive savasana EVER, but awesome nonetheless!)